When Kerry was Kohn: Senator John Kerry, with his mother’s New England patrician pedigree and his Irish last name actually has a grandfather who was born a Jew in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire.
The news was a revelation to Kerry himself, who only found out about his Jewish roots while running in the 2004 presidential election.
11 Notes/ Hide
- politi-gal reblogged this from haaretz
- mylittletown2100 reblogged this from haaretz
- acupuncturegirl likes this
- cicerothewriter likes this
- akfung likes this
- ludovikashangulat reblogged this from marxistswithattitude and added:
- rubenfeld likes this
- marxistswithattitude reblogged this from haaretz and added:
- stoicmike said: So what happened to his nose?
- stoicmike likes this
- haaretz posted this