Rabbi Rick Jacobs, president of the Union for Reform Judaism, says U.S. Jewry is “afraid” to conduct internal discussions regarding Israel.
“Conversations about Israel often get polarized,” Jacobs told Haaretz this week, “so we’ve stopped having them. And that’s the worst kind of disengagement there is.”
Jacobs, who is the “scholar in residence” at this year’s General Assembly in Baltimore, also believes that U.S. Jewry must insist on a new definition of religion and state in Israel. Read more.
13 Notes/ Hide
- humboldtoctober reblogged this from socialistexan
- m00ncrisisp0wer likes this
- frozenrevolutionary likes this
- enby-rainbow-flame reblogged this from socialistexan
- mean-dauphin reblogged this from submariet
- submariet reblogged this from socialistexan
- bennyandthetuna likes this
- telavivtales reblogged this from haaretz
- haaretz posted this